When was the last time you evaluated your oral health?
Some go as far as to say that the mouth is the gateway to the body! Recent studies have suggested that there is a link between poor oral health and systemic health concerns like heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and stroke.
Taking charge of your oral health can help you maintain a healthy body. At Boulder Valley Dental in Louisville, CO, Dr. Tracey Hughes offers a full range of dental services to help patients improve and maintain excellent oral health. Dr. Hughes can work with you on an individual basis to educate you on the proper ways to maintain a healthy smile. During your appointment, Dr. Hughes will perform a full comprehensive exam and may make recommendations based on the results of your examination. During your visit to out Louisville, CO dental office, we encourage our patients to ask questions they may have regarding your oral health.
Developing health oral health habits can play a role in the longevity of your natural smile. Dr. Hughes can work with you to help you make healthy choices about your smile. If you would like to schedule a one on one appointment with Dr. Hughes, you can visit Boulder Valley Dental Center. To schedule an appointment, call 303-732-5388 or schedule an appointment online.
Healthy Oral Health Habits
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Brushing is an important part of a healthy oral hygiene routine.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. If you are an aggressive brusher, you may want to replace your toothbrush when the bristles begin to fray.
- Don’t forget to floss your teeth. Flossing removes plaque and debris between the teeth. When you don’t thoroughly clean the teeth, it may lead to tooth decay, cavities, or even gum disease.
- Schedule preventive care visits. Visiting the dentist at least twice a year for preventive care visits can improve your oral health, During a preventive care visit, your dentist can thoroughly examine your smile and recommend any treatment you may need.
- Get regular dental cleanings. Our experienced dental hygienist will perform a dental cleaning to remove plaque and tarter buildup that normal brushing and flossing cannot reach.
- Quit smoking and tobacco use. Smoking and tobacco use can lead to dry mouth, and may even increase your risk of developing gum disease and oral cancer.
- Use an antibacterial rinse. Mouthwash can help reduce plaque and bacteria in the mouth.