Porcelain veneers: The secret to some of Louisville, CO’s best smiles
You likely have seen many lovely smiles in the Boulder, Broomfield, Lafayette, and Louisville, CO area . . . and you likely have seen unforgettable smiles! Have you ever wished your smile could be as memorable – for all the right reasons? With Dr. Tracey Hughes’ skill, experience, and artistry in porcelain veneers, it can be.
Thanks to the many advances in materials and techniques, there are now a variety of choices for enhancing your smile with cosmetic dental procedures that can offer beautiful, durable results.
Dr. Tracey Hughes has years of experience and many hours dedicated to advanced training, providing cosmetic dentistry with a skillful eye for the aesthetic. We offer a full range of cosmetic procedures, including porcelain veneers that are custom
designed for your unique smile.
What are veneers?
A veneer is a thin layer of durable dental ceramic. It is custom shaped to fit over the front surface of a prepared tooth, then bonded into place. Veneers are usually designed for the upper teeth most likely to show when you smile. Lower teeth can also be veneered, or even your whole mouth!
How are smiles in Louisville, CO transformed with porcelain veneers?
- Enamel damage – Veneers hide chips and fractures, as well as natural imperfections such as pits, bumps, and grooves.
- Unusual shape – This treatment is ideal for teeth that look too short, small, narrow, or wide. Worn down teeth can also be treated, although the doctor may recommend wearing a night guard to protect veneers from clenching or grinding.
- Crooked teeth – Veneers are sometimes called “instant orthodontics” because they can make misaligned teeth look straight and evenly-spaced, in much less time than braces, as few as 2 appointments.
- Gaps – Spaces between teeth can be closed with veneers.
- Discoloration – Veneers are a good choice for stubborn intrinsic staining that does not respond to professional whitening. Just one tooth may be treated, or you can brighten your entire smile.
How long does the process take?
The process of achieving a beautiful new smile usually just two visits following the initial consultation. First, Dr. Hughes will discuss your desires and expectations for a stunning new smile, including smile design and shade of your new veneers. Next, impressions are taken, and sent to the lab where an LVI trained master ceramist skillfully waxes up a model of your teeth to the new design you have chosen.
At the next visit, you are made comfortable using NuCalm, Nitrous oxide or oral sedation should you choose, the teeth are minimally prepared a final impression is made and provisional or temporary veneers are placed. These bis-acrylic temporaries mimic the smile design of your planned porcelain veneers. They protect teeth and give you a chance to “test drive” your new smile. Final adjustments can be incorporated into the porcelain veneers fabricated by our LVI trained master ceramist. You return in three weeks to have the interim veneers carefully removed and the porcelain veneers bonded in place.
How long do veneers last?
Dr. Hughes has advanced training in the latest cosmetic adhesive bonding techniques which ensure your porcelain veneers will be extremely strong and long lasting. Consider a porcelain veneer to be like a floor tile…it’s very fragile when held in your hand, but once that floor tile is aminated (or bonded) to the floor, it is extremely durable and strong. A similar process is done with bonding porcelain veneers being laminated to your tooth (hence the name porcelain “laminates” which is alternatively used as a term for porcelain veneers). With good daily oral hygiene and regular checkups at Boulder Valley Dental Center, porcelain veneers can provide a lifetime of stain-resistant, stunning smiles.
You deserve to feel great about your smile. That self-assurance begins with a call to Dr. Hughes at 303-732-5388.