Dr. Tracey Hughes
Dr. Tracey Hughes offers compassionate, personalized dental care at the Boulder Valley Dental Center where patients are welcomed as “guests”. She has been mentioned in dental expert Bill Blatchford’s listing of the top 23 dentists in North America, “Blatchford’s Blueprints“.
Dr. Hughes is committed to advancing her knowledge and skills through continuing education and has committed many hours over the years to learn more about all aspects of dentistry from leading institutions and colleagues. To date, she has completed over 1,000 hours of CE coursework, earning Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry and the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI Global).
Of the 160,000 practicing dentists in the US, Dr. Hughes is one of less than 1,000 who have earned her Fellowship in Advanced Physiologic Based Dentistry at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Technologies (LVI Global)
“My very best keeps changing…I am a different dentist today than I was just 5 years ago. I’ve spent hours learning new advancements in technology and clinical techniques. Few others in the world can do what I can do.” Dr. Hughes
In addition to private practice, Dr. Hughes wears a second hat as a clinical instructor at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI) where she helps teach the next generation of Physiologic Dentistry to dentists from all over the world.
Dr. Hughes received her B.S. in Chemistry and Biology from Buena Vista University in Iowa. She received her doctorate of dental surgery from the University of Iowa College of Dentistry in 1998 and completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency at the University of Iowa.
While in school she received several prestigious awards:
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of Iowa, College of Dentistry
- Inducted as an honorary member of the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Society
- Earned the AGD Senior Award at the College of Dentistry
- Recipient of the Ralph C. Appleby Removable Prosthodontic Award
Completed LVI Continuum Courses:
- Advanced Jaw Development Orthodontics: March 2019
- Mastering Dynamic Adhesion in Complex Reconstructive Cases: February 2019
- Advanced Biopak Scan Interpretation: September 2018
- Evaluating CBCTs: September 2018
- Controlled Arch Physiologic Orthodontics: July 2018
- Full Face Physiologic Orthodontics: June 2018
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMD) and Myofunctional Therapy: December 2017
- International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics Annual Session: October 2017
- LVI Practical Advanced TMD 2: Level 2 September 2017
- LVI Practical Advanced TMD: Level 1 September 2017
- Advanced BioPak Training: June 2017
- LVI C.R.U.S.: Core Review and Updated Science – May 3-5, 2017
- LVI K7 Training: May 8-9, 2011
- LVI Core VII: Full Mouth Reconstruction/Physiologic Rehabilitation – January 4-6 & February 1-3, 2012
- LVI Core VI: Coronoplasty and Case Finishing- Critical Steps for Physiologic Success – September 28-30, 2011
- LVI Core V: Comprehensive Aesthetic Occlusal Reconstruction/Physiologic Rehabilitation – January 12-14 & February 9-11, 2011
- LVI Core IV: Advanced Occlusion Principles – May 11-13, 2009
- LVI Core III: Advanced Adhesive Aesthetic Dentistry – Dec 3-6, 2007
- LVI Core II: Orthotic Maintenance, Adjustment and Essential Aesthetic Reconstructive Techniques–January 14-16 & February 18-20, 2009
- LVI Core I: Advanced Functional Physiologic Dentistry – Aug 1-3, 2007
She has studied IV and Oral Conscious Sedation and Advanced Cardiac Life Support at the St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, Seton Hall University. Dr. Hughes has also received her Laser Periodontal Therapy TM License after certification training at the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry.
Dr. Hughes worked in a private practice located in North Liberty, Iowa before relocating to Louisville, CO area and establishing a dental practice.
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry: only 3% of dentists in the U.S. and Canada complete the requirements for Fellowship in the AGD.
- Fellow, Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies: fewer than 850 dentists have completed this hands on patient based training in advanced cosmetic and rehabilitative dentistry.
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Boulder-Broomfield Dental Society
- IAPA – International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics